From Milliken Mills To Minnesota...

Monday, December 17, 2007

wu-tang forever


I would have never thought that 14 years later after I first popped proteck your neck in the tape deck (radio raheem styles), that I would get to see the wu live on stage...in minneapolis at first ave at all places. To be honest, when I heard they were gping to be in MN I thought mybe it was going to be a few members, you know like u-god, and masta killa, and up until the lights came on and the killer bee sounds started I was unprepared to see every member (minus the rza) in full wu mode. The whole show brought back memories of 93 and me, and my bro and my old school friend kd drawing wu symbols on anything and everything. For me seeing the wu, is like seeing that one band or artist that pretty much defines your childhood, where everysong brings back some sort of memory. I'm sure for some people that maybe someone like nirvana, or 2pac, spicegirls, bob dylan, or whoever. But for me the wu pretty much sums up everything about the 90s and the way me and my crew rolled back in the hood in the tdot.
I wish my brother could have been here, he would have lost it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home